One of the most valuable services you can receive is an understanding of the present condition of your mouth. At Williams Dentistry, we strive to provide the most thorough evaluation of your dental health that you have ever received. Together, you and Dr. Williams will discuss your past dental experiences and your wants and desires for your health.
A comprehensive exam includes:
- oral cancer screening
- periodontal examination of the gums and bone that surround your teeth
- assessing the health of each individual tooth and the condition of existing fillings, crowns, implants, etc.
- a functional exam of how your jaw joints, chewing muscles and your teeth and bite all work together.
- diagnostic digital photos of your mouth
- appropriate x-rays, which may include images of your teeth, the entire jaw system, and any areas of concern
- if needed, impressions for models of your teeth, and bite records to assemble the models on a jaw simulator.